ST IVES SHOWGIRL
Felicity Lavender is the current St Ives Showgirl.
The 2018 St Ives Show will be held on May 19 and 20
and is sure to be a fun, family day out
St Ives Show – event details
Open: 9am – 9pm, Saturday &
9am – 5pm, Sunday
TICKETS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE GATE
Entry Cost: children over 5 / seniors / adults
only $5.00 each; children under 5, free
Horse Experience Show – straight from the Royal Easter Show – and much more
One of the favourite attractions at this year’s Sydney’s Royal Easter Show was the Snowy Mountain Station and Horse Experience Show. Some of the talents behind those shows came to the 2017 St Ives Show on Saturday
Whip Maker extraordinaire, Glen Denholm, opened the show on the main stage at 2pm.
Besides the Horse Experience, the beautiful bush parklands and historic pavilions of St Ives Showground had displays and attractions as diverse as the Annual Sunday Horse Show with its hundreds of competitors, Remy’s Music Machine to keep adults and kids bopping along, clever kelpies herding sheep and fireworks at 7.30pm on Saturday evening.
There were plenty of food and beverage stalls – and markets as well – making it a great day out for the whole family.
Visitors to the 2017 St Ives Show saw the following entertainment and attractions. Most of them proved so popular, they will be appearing at the 2018 event. Start checking this website in 2018.
- the annual all breeds horse show on Sunday;
- Clydesdales heavy horse display;
- fireworks at on Saturday evening;
- Mt Druitt Indigenous Choir singing in both the Dharug and English languages;
- the Australian Light Horse’s A-Troop Richmond, Windsor static display commemorating our World War 1 heroes;
- Aviculture (birds) display and educational program from Manly Warringah Aviculture Society;
- Rabbit Show;
- Blue Mountains Reptile display;
- Animals All animal nursery – lots of cuddly creatures great and small;
- Kelpies from the Hawkesbury Working Kelpie Stud herding sheep;
- Master farrier and blacksmith, Chris Anderson, at work;
- Track Day Club PARKED Car Display on Sunday;
- combined NSW Scottish Societies’ mini pipe band championships – a special events over the two days;
- Metropolitan Axemen’s Association handicap and championship woodchopping events on Sunday;
- displays of old farm equipment by the Sydney Antique Machinery Club;
- the Interactive 7D Mobile Cinema-in-a-truck virtual reality experience really tested the vocal chords;
- musical entertainment by local school bands;
- Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Cheer Squad;
- Australian Amusements’ carnival rides, camel and pony rides.
Planning for 2018 will commence soon, so check this website for more information about 2018 attractions and entertainment.
The St Ives Showgirl, Felicity Lavender, was on hand to meet you and to help the show organisers with the various competitions. She also also showed her Palouse pony (see above) in the Annual Horse Show.
A great family day out
There will be a great selection of food available from around the world including Turkish gozleme, pizzas, European sausages, doner kebabs, hamburgers, pizzas, pies, cakes, ice creams and more. A dedicated food area with tables and chairs was set up in the centre of the food stalls.
Heavy Horse On Display
Visitors could get up close and pat Sam the Clydesdale at the show.
The 2017 Program of Events will show you the range of attractions which are appearing at the show.
Woodchopping is a mighty sport and forms an integral part of any agricultural show.… Continue reading →
Track Day Club PARKED Car Display
The Track Day Club 'presented a special TRACK DAY CLUB PARKED display at St Ives Showground. It was an epic collaboration which brought car enthusiasts… Continue reading →
2018 Schedules and Entry Forms are posted to this site for your information.
Cooking & Baking
ST IVES SHOW
St Ives Showground Mona Vale Road, St Ives
(between North St Ives and Terrey Hills)